Creamy Corn Salsa

Admin

savingPNG(1).PNG

The beauty of salsa, any type, is its many uses. Not only can it be used as a dip, to be scooped up by tortilla or corn chips, but it can also be used as a condiment alongside pork or fish, as well as a tasty side salad when spooned on top of a soft lettuce leaf like Boston lettuce. Me? I could eat it with a spoon.

This is really tasty, and a wonderful way to get picky kids to eat some vegetables. It’s important to thoroughly drain the corn so as not to make the dip too runny. When fresh corn becomes available in the summer, I’m going to make this again with one can of fiesta corn, and one cup of grilled corn. My guess is that it will be wonderful, and a great backyard barbecue or picnic food.

savingPNG(3).PNG

Creamy Corn Salad

Adapted from SouthYourMouth.com 

1 c. sour cream

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise

1 t. cumin

¼ t. chili powder

½ t. garlic powder

¼ t. fresh lime zest

½ t. kosher salt

2 c. finely shredded Jack cheese

1 c. diced red onion

½ c. chopped cilantro

2 11-oz. cans Mexicorn, well drained

Drain corn very well. In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayo, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, lime zest, and salt.

Add cheese, red onion, cilantro, and corn, folding until combined.

Refrigerate at least two hours before serving. Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips, or any way else that you can imagine.

savingPNG(2).PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article