Cheesy Zucchini Casserole

Admin

Cheesy%20Zucchini%20Casserole.PNG

I have never been particularly successful at growing zucchini. It is not for the lack of trying, believe me. I will get zucchini that will reach 4 inches long and then fall off the vine. Don’t ask me why. One time I was successful at growing a rather large zucchini unbeknownst to me. I happened to look out the kitchen window and saw the boys playing football in the backyard. I wondered how they were doing that since we didn’t own a football, so went out to investigate. Come to find out a zucchini plant had grown out of the compost pile yielding a football-sized zucchini. Just one.  They’d picked it and used it as a football. I couldn’t even make hash out of what was left of that poor, pathetic thing, but I digress. For those of you with more zucchini than you know what to do with, this recipe for zucchini casserole is tasty and toothsome.  It’s easy to assemble, and even the kids will enjoy it.

Cheesy%20Zucchini%20Casserole%202.PNG

Cheesy Zucchini Casserole

4 slices bread, cubed, lightly toasted

¼ cup melted butter

2 c. cubed Melissa’s organic zucchini (1 large)

3 scallions, chopped

½ t. seasoned salt

Pinch of cayenne pepper

½ t. Melissa’s minced garlic

1 large egg, beaten

1½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8” x 8” pan lightly with PAM; set aside.

Place bread cubes in a medium bowl and pour melted butter over the bread; toss to coat. Add the zucchini, scallions, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, egg, and 1/2 cup of the cheese; mix well. Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup cheese.

Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.

Cheesy%20Zucchini%20Casserole%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article