Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Admin

Chocolate%20Zucchini%20Bread.PNG
As you have no doubt come to realize, I have been doing a lotwith zucchini. After the resounding success of my Fruit and Spice Zucchini Bread, I decided to give a chocolate version a try. This is insanely good! The crust is crackly and crunchy; the interior is chewy, almost creamy, and densely chocolate. I have had brownies that weren’t nearly this good. The beauty of this is that I count a slice as a serving of vegetables. While that may not be accurate, it is good, and works well any time of the day. Consider a slice for dessert topped with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Heaven!
Chocolate%20Zucchini%20Bread%202.PNG
Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 T. melted butter
1 extra large egg
1 c. sugar
½ c. vegetable oil
1 c. grated
Melissa’s organic zucchini*

1 t. vanilla extract
3 T. cocoa powder
¼ t.
espresso powder
1 c. flour
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
½ t. cinnamon
½ c.
mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with PAM; set aside.

In a large bowl combine butter, eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, and vanilla; beat well. In a medium bowl, combine cocoa powder, espresso powder, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the chocolate chips. Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes before inverting and removing from pan.

*About one medium zucchini

Chocolate%20Zucchini%20Bread%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article