Tuscan Butter Mushrooms

Admin

Tuscan%20Butter%20Mushrooms.PNG

I love mushrooms, all types, and I’m always looking for a new way to use them. When I spotted this recipe, I knew that it was one I needed to try. Unique and different, it makes a wonderful starter or side dish for any meal. With the addition of tomatoes and fresh spinach, the colors are such that it would be perfect for a holiday table. I’m going to be making this again in the summer using my own homegrown produce that will certainly enhance the flavors. You’ll want to eat this one with a spoon so that you don’t miss a drop of the wonderfully tasty sauce.

Tuscan%20Butter%20Mushrooms%202.PNG

Tuscan Butter Mushrooms
Adapted from delish.com

4 T. butter
1½ t.
Melissa’s minced garlic
1 T. tomato paste
1 lb. mushrooms, cleaned
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
¾ c. heavy cream
¼ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
3 c. fresh spinach

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and tomato paste, and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and tomatoes, and cook until mushrooms are tender and tomatoes are starting to burst, 5 minutes.

Add heavy cream and Parmesan and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes, and then bring to a simmer. Add spinach and cook until sauce is thickened and spinach is wilted, five minutes.

Yield: 4 servings

Tuscan%20Butter%20Mushrooms%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article