Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Admin

%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BFPeanut%20Butter%20Cheesecake.PNG
Lately I’ve been interested in doing a little baking. This interest was compounded after I purchased the new Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie flavor  of Oreo cookies; I thought what a great crust it would make for a peanut butter cheesecake. There are a number of recipes for peanut butter, cheesecakes online, but I decided on this one, ultimately, because I liked the idea of a baked rather than unbaked cheesecake. I altered it to suit my taste and added the drizzle of melted peanut butter on the top. It makes a lovely presentation, and a wonderful dessert for the peanut butter fan in your life.%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BFPeanut%20Butter%20Cheesecake2.PNG

Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Adapted from Pioneer Woman

Crust: 

22 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreos

5 T. unsalted butter, melted

Filling:

4 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature

½ c. sour cream, room temperature

1 c. Jif creamy peanut butter

1 c. granulated sugar

¼ t. kosher salt

4 large eggs, room temperature

½ c. heavy cream

Garnish:

2 T. Jif creamy peanut butter, melted

1 c. stabilized whipped cream, for topping

Crust:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse Oreos (including the cream filling) into a fine crumb. While motor is running, pour in melted butter and pulse until the mixture looks like wet sand (thick and quite wet).

Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9-inch springform pan. With medium pressure using your hand, pat the crumbs down into the bottom and up the sides to make a compact, thick crust. (I like to use a tart tamper for this job.) Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.

Filling:

In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sour cream on medium-low speed until totally smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the peanut butter, sugar, and salt. Beat on medium-low speed until completely combined. With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time until each is fully incorporated, mix in heavy cream. Scrape down sides in the process. Pour the batter into the crust.

Bake for 70 - 80 minutes, or until the filling is puffed and the center slightly wobbles when the pan is gently shaken. Turn off the oven, crack the door a few inches, and let cool in the oven for 1 hour. Remove and finish cooling to room temperature

Chill the cooled cheesecake for at least 6 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, run a thin knife or offset spatula around the sides of the cheesecake to release it from the pan. Release and remove the side of the springform pan and transfer to a serving plate.

Spread a layer of whipped cream over the top (pipe rosettes around the edge if you like), and drizzle with melted peanut butter.

%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BFPeanut%20Butter%20Cheesecake%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article