Winter Forest Tablescape

Admin

Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney.PNG 
Don’t you hate those articles that tell you what’s “in” and what’s “out?” I am not a violent person, but oftentimes I want to punch the writers of such articles right in the face. Earlier this month I read that what’s “out” for this holiday season is traditional colors. Now, as you can see from this table setting, I did not use traditional colors, but this is a table for two that I enjoy on my own. The big table that’s going to hold Christmas Eve dinner is going to be all kinds of red and green.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%203.PNG 
These are the dishes that I told you about in this post. It was more challenging than I anticipated to create a table around them because they are not traditional colors, nor are they colors that I generally embrace; I struggled a bit to put it together. It took a decent amount of experimenting before I ended up with this particular setting, and I’m quite pleased.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%2011.PNG 
A hunter green tablecloth provides the base. It is draped with a gauzy runner providing a bit of soft elegance. Simple wicker placemats hold the plate stack that consists of aqua chargers, and Lenox “Balsam Lane” dinner and salad plates.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%202.PNG 
Mini covered cupcake stands on top of each salad plate worked perfectly to hold a dinner roll. The mug is from the same dinnerware pattern as is the salt and pepper set; the water glasses, Villeroy and Boch, the crystal is “Gallia” by Rogaska.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%204.PNG
I wasn’t sure that teal napkins would work here, but they did, and I like them. The gold flatware and metallic gold tapers were used in order to pick up the gold stars in the dinnerware.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%2010.PNG 
The candlestick holders are antiques that the late Mr. O-P bought me about 20 years ago. I still love them. The snowflake votive candle holders are from Crate and Barrel years ago.Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%206.PNG
The centerpiece that I rather like in its simplicity, I can’t tell you a thing about. I’m not sure just where I got the reindeer with the removable wooden bowl, or the colorful potpourri that I used inside it.
Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%208.PNG 
The champagne bucket is a new acquisition and a big favorite. I never knew how much I wanted one of these until I got one. Now it holds juice, champagne, wine, you name it.

Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%205.PNG

These dishes are not specifically Christmas, so will be able to carry me into February until I bring out red and white. I hope you enjoy this different color palette for Christmas, and remember that no matter what is “in” or what is “out,” do as you please.

Winter%20Forest%20Tablescape%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%2011.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

This post is linked to: Tablescape Thursday

View the full article