The Anguish and Delight of Holiday Crafts

Admin

Bucilla%20Christmas%20Ornaments%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney.PNG 
If I ever again mention that I am going to make some jeweled, felt ornaments, somebody slap me. I was digging through my craft drawer and came across a Bucilla kit that I had purchased some time ago. (As an aside, I think I paid around $25 for it at the time; it is now going upwards of $50 on eBay, some listings are as high as $100!) At the beginning of the year, I told myself that I needed to see such projects through.Bucilla%20Christmas%20Ornaments%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%202.PNG You can see how well that worked out, it’s November. Still, I decided this would be the perfect project for this month. After all, it has a Christmas theme, and these would be excellent to work on in the evening when I’m watching television. They were a lot of work. The pie was an absolute nightmare! Essentially, the instructions read: cut out pieces, embroider, and sew together. This is three-dimensional! Its completion involved so much more than that. At any rate, they don’t look half bad, and I’m rather proud that I did see them through. I decided to keep the plum pudding for myself because I think it would go well on my Charles Dickens themed Christmas tree. The others I believe I’m going to list in my Etsy shop.Bucilla%20Christmas%20Ornaments%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%203.PNGAre you working on any craft projects currently? What are you making?
IMG_2352.jpg

View the full article