Cream Cheese Olive Dip

Admin

Cream%20Cheese%20Olive%20Dip%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney.PNG 
I have a thing for olives, I just cannot resist them. As a consequence, I have an entire shelf in one of my kitchen cabinets filled with a wide variety. While I do enjoy a pimento-stuffed olive, I particularly enjoy those stuffed with garlic, jalapeño, or blue cheese. I have black olives, Kalamata olives, queen olives, stuffed olives, olive medleys, and olives that have no filled centers at all. I like to use them in all kinds of recipes, and find they never let me down. I have added them to dressing that I have stuffed into a turkey, to a vinaigrette that I tossed with fresh lettuce, included them in the dough when I made biscuits, and when I found this recipe online, I had to make it. It made me wonder why I hadn’t thought of using olives in a vegetable dip before, but having now done so, will make it again and again.

This is so tasty! Not just due to the olives, but the acidity of the lemon juice gives it excellent flavor as well. This would be great on your Super Bowl buffet, make a wonderful spring and summer snack,  or a light lunch by spreading it on toast points or crackers.
Cream%20Cheese%20Olive%20Dip%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%202.PNG Cream Cheese Olive Dip

Slightly adapted from Hearth and Vine

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise

1 clove garlic

1 t. minced onion

½ t. dried thyme

½ t. kosher salt

2 T. fresh lemon juice

12 small olives

2 dashes Tabasco sauce

Combine all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until well blended. Scrape down the sides and blend again. Spoon into a bowl and serve with a variety of fresh cut up vegetables.

Cream%20Cheese%20Olive%20Dip%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article