Spinach and Artichoke Dip Party Squares

Admin

Spinach%20and%20Artichoke%20Dip%20Party%20Squares%20Pattie%20Tierney%20Olla%20Podrida.PNG 
I love “party food.” That’s how my family refers to a meal that consists of starters and appetizers. Back in the day, my aunt used to host Christmas Eve dinner. The whole family would go to church for the 5:30 Christmas Eve service, and then head to my aunt’s for dinner and gifts. Sometimes she would bake a ham, but the most memorable times she served party food, and her party food was legendary.

Invariably the buffet would start with a meat tray (remember those?) from a local deli that was always a huge hit. Then there were the meatballs in gravy that were served with those little tiny buns, crab puffs, mini pigs in blankets, mini ravioli, spinach squares, and a green salad to be virtuous. Don't get me started on her phenomenal cookie trays! It was an incredible spread. When I saw this recipe, I thought of those Christmas Eve gatherings, and had to make them. They are really delicious, and the nice thing about them is that they are equally tasty whether they are served hot, warm, room temperature, or even cold directly from the fridge.Spinach%20and%20Artichoke%20Dip%20Party%20Squares%20Pattie%20Tierney%20Olla%20Podrida%202.PNGSpinach and Artichoke Dip Party Squares
Adapted from thekitchenismyplayground.com

2 packages crescent rolls

1 (1.4 oz.) envelope Knorr Vegetable Soup & Recipe Mix

½ c. Duke’s mayonnaise

½ c. sour cream

1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1 12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped

1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, finely chopped

1 t. Melissa’s minced garlic

2 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese

½ c. grated Parmesan cheese

Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 357°F.

In a mixing bowl combine soup mix, mayonnaise, and sour cream; set aside for soup mix to soften while you prepare the remaining ingredients.

Unroll crescent rolls and fit into a lightly greased jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet; press seams together to form a crust. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until very light golden brown. 

Add garlic, spinach, artichokes, water chestnuts, and Monterey Jack cheese to soup mixture. Stir well to combine.

Spread soup mixture over partially-baked crust. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the top. Grate pepper over all. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until heated through.

Cut into squares and serve.

Spinach%20and%20Artichoke%20Dip%20Party%20Squares%20Pattie%20Tierney%20Olla%20Podrida%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article