Pineapple Sloppy Joes

Admin

savingPNG.png 

In case you’re unaware, today is National Sloppy Joe Day. I decided to celebrate by trying something new. Recently, I found a chili recipe that called for pineapple. I thought that sounded really interesting, so decided that I was going to make sloppy joes and add pineapple to them. They turned out better than I had anticipated. They are intensely flavorful with the perfect amount of sweetness. I added about a half-teaspoon of hot sauce to give them extra zing. Add more cider vinegar if you prefer to cut the sweetness a bit. Do give these a try. My guess is that the family is going to love them.

savingPNG.png
Pineapple Sloppy Joes

2 lbs. ground chuck

1 medium onion, chopped

1 T. Melissa’s minced garlic

Hawaiian BBQ Sauce

1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple (in 100% juice), undrained

1 c. ketchup

1/4 c. molasses

2 T. packed brown sugar

2 T. low sodium soy sauce

1 T. Dijon mustard

1 T. cider vinegar

1 t. salt

½ t. EACH ground ginger, smoked paprika, pepper

¼ t. EACH cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano

Hot sauce to taste

In a 12-inch skillet, over medium heat, brown ground chuck with onions, breaking up clumps. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Drain on paper towel-lined plate.

In a small bowl, whisk together all of the barbecue sauce ingredients.

Return drained beef to skillet and pour barbecue sauce over all. Stir well to combine, and simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve on Hawaiian hamburger buns for additional sweetness; I preferred toasted brioche buns.savingPNG.png  As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

View the full article