Barbecued Sausage Bites

Admin

Barbecued%20Sausage%20Bites%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney.PNG 
Are you as eager for the baseball season as I am? And when I say eager, what I really mean is a combination of excitement and nausea. If you have a favorite team, you know what I’m talking about. I don’t go to the stadium too much anymore, largely because most of the people with whom I used to attend baseball games are now attending baseball games in the sky. As a consequence, I make my own baseball snacks. I’m already plotting and planning for opening day, and I think these barbecued sausage bites are going to be on the list.  They are super simple to make because they’re baked. Spear yourself a small stack and enjoy.Barbecued%20Sausage%20Bites%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%202.PNGBarbecued Sausage Bites

Adapted from sweetteaandsprinkles.com

2-3 lbsKielbasa

2 c. BBQ Sauce*

1 t. Liquid Smoke

1 t. garlic powder

1 t. onion powder

½ t. freshly ground black pepper

¼ c. brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray the bottom of a 1.5-quart casserole with PAM.

Slice the kielbasa sausages into ½ inch round slices and places in the prepared dish. 

In a medium bowl combine BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour mixture over sausages, and sprinkle the brown sugar all over the top.

Bake for 20-15 minutes until bubbling and sticky and the sauce has caramelized. Broil for 2-3 minutes on high to get burnt ends.

*Use your favorite

Barbecued%20Sausage%20Bites%20Olla-Podrida%20Pattie%20Tierney%203.PNG

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.  

View the full article