Cardwell's on the Plaza - Frontenac

I have eaten at Cardwell's at the Plaza once, and was just completely impressed. The owner himself even came out to introduce himself, and make sure we were having an enjoyable experience. Well, this time, I was in a hurry, and my wife wanted me to bring dinner home. I called ahead and ordered the Thai Curry Seafood Soup & Salad for her, the Beef Stroganoff for myself and the ribs for the kids. They had everything ready for me upon my arrival, all strategically packed and bagged. 

Once I got home I started opening the boxes, and was amazed at how much effort the chefs put into making sure everything was boxed separately, including juices or soup to make sure nothing leaked. Most times when you take food home from a restaurant, restaurants just box stuff up, but not at Cardwell's... The items were well boxed, and had a complete presentation affect when I opened the boxes. I hated to plate everything because it all looked so good. I found out that the noodles were just made a few hours earlier that day, and they were truly the best I've ever had.

The flavors were still amazing after a half hour drive home, getting the mail, bringing in the trash cans, getting the kids settled in... Cardwell's at the Plaza is truly one of my favorite restaurants with amazing food, and top notch staff.  :smileytoast:

http://www.billcardwell.com/cardwells.html

• Like 2

• 2 years later...