Grace Meat + Three... It's almost here, sneak STL Ribs review

Joel

Where do I begin?    First off, you have an award winning chef and his wife, both who understand the phrase "hard work", expect great results.    Both Elisa and Rick Lewis have put their all into their new, (and very own) Grace Meat + Three restaurant in Tower Grove.     Rick was able to get his hands on the old "Sweetie Pie's" restaurant on Manchester.  This restaurant space was already a great space, but it needed TLC.  Rick had the floors leveled and redone.   They look great, showing age, but willing and ready to handle the masses that soon will pass through the door starting in weeks to come.  

So much of the building was left, but cleaned, refinished or painted, but the bar area was redone, and it looks great.   The space will seat a lot of people, I apologize for not getting a number, but if you've been to a restaurant that Rick was running, you will agree that regardless of how many tables there are, they will be filled.   The restaurant has two sides of windows, letting in so much natural light, and the space is just nice and open.     The kitchen appears to have been completely redone, and ready for mass amounts of homestyle cooking for lots of happy customers.   You also gotta love the old International 4100 Truck hood over the kitchen entrance. :div20:

Well, now for the St. Louis Style Ribs review...   Rick has been playing around with different items from day to day, fine tuning his equipment and processes. I was lucky enough to get sent home with a slab of St. Louis Style ribs.   I didn't think they'd make it home, as they smelled too good in the car.   I'll just say that my family should be proud of my restraint, so that they could have the opportunity to be some of the very first to ever have Grace Meat + Three's St. Louis Style Ribs...     I warmed them up a bit in the oven, and dinner was served....     

Drum Roll...............    Many times, I'll have ribs that I take home, but they're too hot or has too much chili powder on them for my kids to enjoy.   Well, you won't have that problem here... Rick has a great blend of rub on his ribs that was lightly sweet, it didn't taste like a mouth full of sugar.   The smoke ring and flavor on the ribs was well balanced, you could taste the smoke AND the pork.     By the time I warmed these up for my family, it was nearly 6 or 7 hours AFTER meeting with Rick and Elisa in the morning.   They were still tender, and not dried out.      My entire family LOVED the ribs, and look forward to the other meats, and all of the "+ Three" items as well.  

Elisa and Rick, you've done a great job so far. :appl: I have faith that you'll continue to do great, and we can hardly wait to eat there as a family.  Thank you for the sneak peak (taste).     Cheers, Joel

I apologize... I don't have any photos to share, but follow the Grace Meat + Three on FB for updates.

CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE TableGab.com main web site to read about other restaurants or chefs

• Like 1