Hofbrauhaus - Belleville, IL - Review plus article

Last week or so, I had a lunch meeting at Hofbrauhaus by Our Lady of the Snows Shrine, in IL.    It was my first visit there, and upon arrival, I was immediately impressed with the massive newly built building.   Everything was so fresh and clean, even the parking lot.     There were not a lot of people in there at 12:15 on a Friday afternoon, which had me wondering how they can pay for such a massive building.   

Starting off, I didn't drink because I was working... but I did have the jumbo pretzel combo...  It was really good..  I guess I'm a sucker for a hot pretzel with cheese... 3 in this case....    For my entree' I had the Sausage Plate:  Wurstplatte  Sausage plate with pork sausage, Vienna style frankfurter, chicken sausage, imported sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and onion mustard.   The pork sausage was not anything special.. I don't think they make it there....  I guess I prefer one of the local butchers for their pork sausage.    The beef frank was ok, but had a rubbery texture.   I'd compare it to a ball game hot dog that was on the roller grill too long...  nothing special...     The Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes were good though...   

I guess I have to keep in mind that Hofbrauhaus is still a franchise, and isn't as unique as the locally owned restaurants with their own special recipes, using local products.    Granted, this restaurant is in a massive building, but in my personal opinion, it was a massive disappointment.     Aren't they supposed to have soccer fields going in?

After a couple days of my visit, I did some research, and found this article, which was quite the interesting read....    

RiverFront Times Article

Interesting RFT review...  I wonder if that writer still has their job.... hopefully they still do...   Otherwise we need them in this forum for their honest reviews.   Haa Haa

Orrrrrr....  they can create an account with whatever username they want and can review however they'd like...  not under the rules of their bosses....   Just an idea.... haaa haaa  🤣