This was my first visit to Elmwood....  We were a little early for our reservations, so the 4 of us grabbed a seat at the end of the bar...     Our mixologist was amazing... he custom made drinks for our wives, and thoroughly entertained them.      I wouldn't dare call them bar tenders... These guys were REALLY GOOD.

We then were seated by a very pleasant server.   He gave his recommendations, one of which was the beef kabob...   Beef Short Rib Jerky Skewers...  These things were amazing!   I could have eaten a whole pound of this... or even 12 ounces of this, maybe over a bed of white rice...   They  were by far, everyone's favorite....  one reason I didn't get a pic of them..   We had a few other appetizers, but that one was by  far the favorite.

As for the entree's...  my wife had the Mafalda - Grilled Vegetable Bolognese for $16, and she loved it,     I ordered the pork steak, which was a 14 ounce pork steak, which came with a side of lettuce to make small wraps.   I was disappointed because they offer a pork steak for $24, then the next steak option is $77 for a 22 ounce strip steak....   Unless you love fish, there's nothing in between...   Heck, give me a bone in rib steak for $30...  I can buy a raw pork steak for less than $2 per pound at the grocery store.....   Yes... I was frustrated... although it tasted good... 

Overall, the wives loved it, however I wanted something more than a pork steak... I guess next time, I"ll just get the $15 burger.... unless they decide to offer the beef short rib meat on a bed of rice as an entree.

I've attached pictures, but the lighting wasn't the best.....  

elm1.jpg

elm2.jpg

elm3.jpg

• 5 months later...

My friends and I met up there a couple weeks ago....  The drinks were amazing, the food was really good, small portions in my opinion, but a bit on the expensive side.    We were really mesmerized by the bar staff creating our cocktails, often being creative and tweaking them to our likes.     I'd say the drinks were what most impressed us.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to agree with Nancy above.   The drinks were masterfully made, and were fantastic!.   The gals in our group loved their dinners, but the guys were left wanting more to eat, whether there or somewhere else...   servings just seemed to be smaller sized or "small plate" style in our opinion.     I'd go back for happy hour drinks....