Boneless Chuck Roast

Joel

It's pot roast season... here's how I do mine...     I have the biggest crock pot I could find, I could put more vegetables in if I had more space...

First I start off with about 5 lbs of choice boneless chuck roast.  First, i cut up all the vegetables...  Celery, Onion, Radishes, carrots, potatoes

pr1.jpg

I season the pot roast with a rub or in this case Myers Prime Rib Butter Rub.   Then I make a bed of vegetables on the bottom of the pot.

pr2.jpg

I put the thicker piece in the middle, and cut the second piece in half to fit around the outside of the thicker piece.

pr3.jpg

Then cover the meat with the rest of your vegetables, seasoning and add 1/2 cup of water...  Turn the crock pot on low and let it go...  I did end up adding new potatoes and cramming them in there to where the lid barely would stay on... luckily mine has the travel clamps to hold the lid down.

pr4.jpg

Enjoy!

pr5.jpg

On 12/14/2016 at 0:30 PM, Fish Heads said:

Definitely that time of year!!    Thanks for the pictures... :div20:  No potatoes?   how long will you cook?  Will the asparagus get soggy cooking too long?

I did add potatoes half way through since I added baby new potatoes... I actually had to let everything else cook down to make room for the potatoes.   As for the asparagus, yes, I pulled that back out and put it in for the last hour or so.  I did leave the thicker asparagus stem bottoms in the bottom of the crock pot under the meat so it didn't overcook.

Thanks for the compliments, cheers, joel