LeGrand's Market - South City

One of my favorite butcher shops in St. Louis is LeGrand's Market.   They always have great fresh meats, most of which is locally sourced and their sandwiches in the deli are amazing.     I have a hard time choosing my favorite one... but if I had to choose....  The McGuire sandwich use to be one of my favorites.  There are so many great things in their shop and Jim, Jim Jr, Roger, Joe and the rest of the staff are always so helpful and generous with their time.  :div20:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree, great to have a local butcher.  Not sure where they get all their meat, but I did see that they have some local items:

Miller Ham

Wenneman bacon, boneless ham, hot dogs, cured summer sausage and Max German Braunschweiger.   I just wish they carried Wenneman Krakow.

(I'm not a fan of the overpriced Boars Head items though)

There's always a line, and there's a reason for it.... great sandwiches!

• 6 months later...

I recently went to LeGrand's Market, and was saddened to see that they didn't have any Wenneman products there.  They use to have at least some items, but nothing there now with the Wenneman name....      Also, I agree, not a fan of Boars Head over priced meats, and they only have Miller ham, which is ok, but not my first choice.

• 1 month later...