Introductions, have a seat and tell us a bit about yourself

Hello, I'm Joel.   I work in the food industry, and have many friends who are certified chefs, instructors, line cooks, restaurant owners, food truck operators, writers, radio hosts, foodies and more.   I see a lot of what goes on behind the kitchen doors.  Chefs and restaurant owners are always moving, working nonstop with crazy hours.  Many of them put out amazing dishes for us to enjoy.  Pair amazing dishes with restaurant setting ambiance, good service, along with a drink, and you've got a recipe for success.

This site is designed to bridge the gaps, bringing chefs, restaurant owners, media (print, online, tv), consumers, suppliers, instructors and more all together in one fun home.   I wanted to make this even more of a family type of forum, and would like to learn a bit more about the great members we have here. This forum holds members from all extremes in the food & drink industry.   This site is in its infancy, but anticipated to grow quickly.

You as member here will be able to read and reply to all posts, start and participate in polls, start your own blog or integrate one you already have.  Photos can be uploaded to your folders to share with others from a recent visit.   You can start your own food group gatherings, check out the local scenes, schedules of events, and even find out who has what for their special each week.  This site is designed to promote food and bring people together who care about it.

Over the years, I've built and own the largest winemaking social network on the Internet, which receives over 10 million hits each month.   I plan to use what I learned with WinePress.US, and to put the best of those experiences to work here.
Welcome to all the new members, and thank you to all the people who have registerred and participate in the forum.  :Thanx:
My hat is off to each of you, and my wine glass raised,   :smileytoast:

Cheers and welcome to our new forum, Joel    

• Like 5

Hello, my wife and I enjoy fine restaurants and have made many friendships with chefs and restaurant owners through the years.    We're perfectly fine eating brats tailgating, wings at a sports bar, or putting on a tie (black dress for her) and heading out somewhere nice.    

This site is interesting, and I'm glad to be one of the earlier people to become a member.   There are a lot of great topics organized throughout the forum.  I like the integration of peoples' blogs and look forward to their updates. The site truly fills the gap between chefs, restaurant owners and their customers.   This site could very well become THE site for a true connection for consumers to chefs and restaurant owners, bringing everyone together.   Thanks, and I look forward to meeting everyone,

Dave A.

Edited by Wing Nut
  • Like 3

• Admin pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing special here with me, I'm just your Average American Joe.   I work hard, have a great family, but don't have enough time together.   There are times when we make last minute decisions for dinner, and we end up at the same conclusion, where can we take the kids...   This forum looks to have a great format, and I look forward to watching and being a part of making it grow.   

There are so many great restaurants and chefs in our area, and this is a great place for everyone and everything to come together.   You can follow or "Like" pages on FB, but you don't know what's going on down the road if you don't "Like" them.    I think it's great that it's in the best interest of restaurants, chefs, foodies and more. 

Thanks for building the site, and looking forward to watching it grow.

Average Joe

• Like 3

Hey all, I am a self proclaimed foodie, but I don't really know what that means..   I like the layout of this new site...  I look forward to it growing so more content is available, such as events, specials and more.      One of my favorite seafood dishes is the Stuffed Grouper from Matanza's Pass in Fort Myers, FL...   My favorite seafood dish around here is a toss up between the scallops over creamy noodles at 1111 Mississippi or the Scallops at Yia Yia's in Chesterfield.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good afternoon, I enjoy the art of a well crafted meal, or even cheese/sausage appetizer or even a desert.   Pairing a fine wine with a well crafted food is a bonus that I get excited about.    Hope to learn more about everyone here, and share my own experiences as well.  Thanks for the FREE food forum!

• 3 months later...

Welcome to the forum Andy!   Feel free to create your own photo albums, do your own restaurant reviews, share recipes and more.   There's a lot of great things going on in the St. Louis food scene.   Enjoy the forum,

Joel

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello all, I'm Larry, I live in South St. Louis.  My wife and I go out often, and our dining choices range from very nice higher end dinners on occasion, to a night out with friends for drinks after a smaller dinner.    I really like this web site layout, as I'm tire of the politics, ads and useless videos on Facebook.   I'm tired of them knowing everything about me as well.    

So, I'm glad to have found this food based discussion group.  I look forward to learning more about the site, and chatting with restaurants, chefs and other foodies.   

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I am glad I found this forum, I can't wait for it to get more active with more chefs.    I'm tired of facebook, and all the invasive ads, their sharing my information, politics and more.   I just want to talk food, learn from chefs, learn more of what's out there on the St. Louis food scene and more.     I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from yours.     Sick of facebook, looking forward to seeing this grow!!!   Also, this is much more organized.  Thanks, Joel for building this forum.

• 5 weeks later...